The past couple of days have been kind of rough for me (hence my lack of posting), so I was so pleased to log onto WordPress today and see that Tomarto Soup had nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award!
This is my first award, so I’m very excited. I would really like to thank Tomarto Soup for nominating me. It’s nice to know that the things I post on here are actually read (and enjoyed!) by someone.
That said, apparently it is required to share a few little facts about myself, so here goes.
Reveal seven unknown facts about yourself
- My middle name is Kathleen. I was named after my great-grandma who has since passed away, and my parents were debating between her first name, Ruth, or middle name, Kathleen. I thank my lucky stars every day that they chose the latter.
- I am obsessed with HGTV (although I’m sure some of you have figured this out by now). I will drop everything to watch House Hunters, Property Brothers, or Love It or List It. It’s kind of sad, actually.
- I have clubbed thumbs (also known as toe thumbs), which are the same kind of thumbs that Megan Fox has. Yes, they look weird, but I can still do the same things as anyone with normal thumbs. Although texting sometimes gets difficult.
- I tore my ACL and broke my hand from playing rugby in high school.
- I am 5’8 (1.72 m) and my boyfriend is 5’10. This has become somewhat of a problem since summer began, because I can’t wear wedges without him feeling emasculated. This is also a problem because I am a shopping addict, and can’t help but buy new wedges every chance I get.
- I have my ears and my belly button pierced. It literally took years to convince my mom about the navel piercing, only to have her tell me how cute it looked after I finally did it.
- I taught myself how to knit, and I’m hoping to teach myself how to sew and crochet by the end of the summer.
I am also supposed to nominate seven other blogs for this award. So, in no particular order…
- George. Jessie. Love. I am in love with this woman’s story. Her blog details her daughter’s transition from male to female at the young age of ten years old. It is truly inspiring and intriguing to read about this firsthand experience with a transgendered child, and I wish her all the best.
- weekendknitterblog It’s no secret that I love everything knitting, so when I saw this blog on Freshly Pressed, I was ecstatic. I’m nowhere near as creative as she is, but her blog always gives me ideas and definitely makes me want to start spinning my own wool!
- Self Professed Product Obsessed In addition to knitting, I love makeup. Therefore, I love this blog. Malia is always giving reviews and posting her thoughts about different hair, face, nail, you-name-it products. She has become my go-to blog for everything beauty related.
- Jody Blonde Caution: this girl is funny! I am always laughing when I read her blog and I love how down-to-earth she seems. She writes about anything and everything, and I always look forward to her blog posts.
- Blogging Runner I am always so impressed with this girl’s motivation. Once known as The Weight Run Down, Blogging Runner is always listing her accomplishments regarding working out, eating, and overall obstacles she encounters in her daily life. Since the beginning of her blogging journey, she has lost a lot of weight, and reading her blog always makes me feel like if she can do it, I can do it too.
- kaftan to bikini This girl is always posting inspirational quotes and pictures to aid her on her weight loss journey. What she might not know, though, is that those quotes are helping people like me too. I think it’s super important to have access to these little bits of motivation, especially when you’re not feeling all that great about working out or eating healthy. Her blog is really great for people who need that little extra pick-me-up to get moving.
- Hummusbird I love this blog. Brigette is always posting such pretty things, whether it be pictures she took while walking around town or crafty, neat ideas to spice up a room. This is the ultimate inspiration blog, in my opinion, and I always love everything she posts.
Once again, I really appreciate this nomination and I am so glad to be able to share these other blogs that I love with you guys!
Hope you’re all having a great Memorial Day!
Holly, not Hollie